切换到宽版
  • 61阅读
  • 3回复

双语阅读 [复制链接]

上一主题 下一主题
离线jenny
 

What matters more is how well he treats you, not how good he is.
重要的不是他有多好,而是他对你有多好。
The meaning of success lies not in what you want to get, but in how far you have traveled from the point you start fighting.
成功的含义不在于要得到什么,而在于你从那个奋斗的起点走了多远。
If you love someone, you'll be willing to give up everything for them.
But if they love you, they'll never ask you to.
爱一个人,你会愿意为了对方倾尽自己所有,若对方也爱你,他却绝不会要求你这么做。
You have to do what is right for yourself. Nobody else can feel what you feel.
你得为自己做最好的选择,因为其他任何人都不能体会你的感受。
Don't look for somebody who's perfect. Just be happy with someone who's perfect for you!
你要找的不是一个完美的人,而是一个对你而言最合适的人。
A little disadvantage does not matter, so that it is true.
有点缺点没关系,这样才真实。
The furthest distance in the world is not being apart while being in love.
But when plainly I cannot resist the yearning. Yet pretending you have never been in my heart.
世界上最遥远的距离,不是相爱的人不能在一起,
而是明明不能停止思念,却装作对方从未走进自己心间。
Sometimes, the right one for you is the one who was there all the time.
有时候,最对的那个人,就是始终在那里默默陪伴的那个人。
Someday, you will find the one, who will watch every sunrise with you until the sunset of your life.
总有一天,你会遇上那个人,陪你看每一次日出,直到你的人生落幕。
Don't forget what to do and where to go you have promised yourself
no matter how difficult and hard it will be.
别忘了答应自己要做的事情,别忘了答应自己要去的地方,无论有多难,有多远。
You can't just wait for others to arrange your life; if you want something, fight for it.
你不能等待别人来安排你的人生;自己想要的,自己争取。
For the story of your life, don't let anybody else hold the pen.
不要让他人执笔,来书写你的生命故事。
How far you can go is up to you. And if you don't try, you'll never know.
一个人能走多远全在于自己,不尝试就永远不可能知道。
Maybe it doesn't matter which road we embark on. Maybe what matters is that we embark.
或许,人生重要的不是我们走了哪条路,而是我们是否迈出了脚步。
The lazier a man is, the more things he will have to do tomorrow.
一个人越懒,明天要做的事越多。
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
无论年纪有多大,你都可以有新的目标或新的梦想。
Our background and circumstances may influence us, but we are responsible for who we become.
我们的环境与背景会影响我们,但是我们最终成为了什么样的人还是要自己负责。
I hope that your dreams are as sweet as you are.
愿你的梦,甜美如你。
Don't be afraid to experience new things,Don't repeat the wrong things
Don't sink in love,And don't regret the nights you've spent
不畏惧接触新事物,不去重蹈覆辙,不在感情里沉沦.也别再为熬过的夜后悔







离线jenny

只看该作者 沙发  发表于: 03-19
有趣的人名俚语
lazy Susan
a turntable (rotating tray) placed on a table or countertop to aid in distributing food
放在桌子上或者厨房台面上的用来帮助便于取食的转盘
Lazy Susans are really famous in China.
餐桌转盘在中国非常常见。
paint the Lily
to add embellishment to something that is already beautiful or outstanding.
为那些已经非常美丽或出色的东西再添加点缀,形容多此一举,画蛇添足。
Why add a filter to your photo of the rainbow? No need to paint the lily.
为什么要给你那张彩虹的照片再加滤镜呢?不需要这么多此一举啦。
John Hancock
John Hancock actually means a signature.
签名
Oh well, everything seems in order. I just need your John Hancock.
好的,一切都准备好了,只需要您在这边签名。


Johnny on the spot
a person who is on hand and ready to perform a service or respond to an emergency
在场并随时准备提供服务或应对紧急情况的人
When you need help, call me and I will be your Johnny on the spot.
你需要帮忙的时候就给我打电话,我随叫随到。
Oooh, thank you, girl!
谢谢你啊妹砸!
before you can say Jack Robinson
very quickly or suddenly
说时迟那时快,非常迅速突然地
Before you could say Jack Robinson, she'd jumped into the car and driven away.
你都还来不及反应过来,她突然就上了车开走了。
Benjamin of the family
It means the youngest child of the family.
家里兄弟姐妹中最小的那个
How does it feel being the Benjamin of your family?
作为家里面最小的那个,感觉如何呢?
Bob's your uncle
When we use Bobs your uncle, it actually means "your success is guaranteed."
这事儿就成了,就是这么简单!
You want to go to the stadium? Go straight on until you reach the park, take a left, and Bob's your uncle -- you're there!
你想要去体育馆?直走,到了公园的地方左拐,就这么简单--就到啦!
离线jenny

只看该作者 板凳  发表于: 03-19
优化时间-记录闪现的灵光
Tips you can try to maximize the thinking, mulling, and considering time that can help fuel your creative work.
如何优化时间管理,进行思索、斟酌与考虑,从而强化创新思维
Take notes whenever ideas come
记录闪现的灵光

Take notes. Lots of notes. No matter what time of day (or night).
一旦灵光闪现,无论白天黑夜,赶紧记录下来。
Give keeping a notepad and pen beside your bed, and always carry one in your handbag or pocket.
床边常备纸与笔,拎包与口袋里也务必备有本子。别羞于在大庭广众下做记录,无论是在电梯里还是任何灵感出现的地方。
Don’t be afraid to take notes in public, in elevators, or anywhere the inspiration strikes. Some strategies you could try are making lists of future or potential artwork or doing lose free-form sketches of half-baked ideas for new works. Taking notes can be valuable in their offhanded, indiscriminate format—sometimes they’re not important or playful, and sometimes they can be tiny seeds of gold.
可供尝试的方法包括将计划或可能进行的创作以及新作品的大概轮廓或大致思路列成清单。即便是当下随意记录的内容,其价值也不容忽视——有时看来用处不大的内容,在另一些时刻则大有燎原之势。
离线jenny

只看该作者 地板  发表于: 03-19
《掌控人生,从一个人住开始》
Those first few days of being by myself in my flat—decorated with my choice of colours, with my books on the shelves and my pictures, hung by me, on my walls—were disconcerting (使人不安的). I walked around the few rooms, wondering what to do now. With no one to move around, no one to talk to, no one to ask me how my day had been, I didn’t know where to put myself. The life I had once assumed—the one with a partner and a house and a family—had vanished. Here I was, facing a new future, living by myself.

公寓装修用的是我喜欢的色彩,书架上摆的是我的书,墙上挂着的是我的照片,而且是我自己挂上去的。但最初一个人在公寓的那几天,我感觉焦躁不安。我在为数不多的几个房间里徘徊,不知道要做些什么。没有人在身边走动,没有人和我说话,没有人问我今天过得怎么样,我不知该如何安放自己。我曾经假设的生活——有一个伴儿、一所房子、一个家的生活——化为了泡影。走到了这一步,我要面对的是崭新的未来,一个人的生活。

That trepidation (惊恐), that anxiety, soon turned into a feeling of liberation.

这种惊惶和焦虑很快就转变为自由之感。

Living alone gave me a sense of freedom I hadn’t known I’d craved. In my own flat, with my own space, I started to write with a renewed energy. I’d spent years writing the first draft of a novel—years filled with interruptions and squeezed space. Within months, I had finished a book.

一个人生活给我带来了一种自由的感觉,这种自由感是我一直渴求却不自知的。我在属于自己的公寓里,有了自己的空间,于是重新打起精神,开始写作。我曾花费几年的时间才完成一部小说的初稿——那几年里我经常被打断,个人空间遭到挤压。现在,几个月内我就写成了一本书。

By taking control of my physical space, I opened up a new emotional space for myself. I was working harder and better than I’d ever worked before. My self-image changed with the move, too. I started calling myself a writer. In Woolfspeak, I had found my “room of one’s own (见Tip)” where I could carve out a space for my creative self.

我通过控制物理空间为自己开辟了新的情感空间。我比以往工作得更努力,工作得更好。自我形象也随着此次搬家改变了,我开始称自己为作家。用伍尔芙的话说,我发现了“自己的房间”,在这个房间里我可以为富有创作力的自己开辟一片天地。
快速回复
限100 字节
批量上传需要先选择文件,再选择上传
 
上一个 下一个