切换到宽版
  • 66阅读
  • 2回复

双语阅读 [复制链接]

上一主题 下一主题
离线jenny
 

Any woman who understands the problems of running a home
will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.
了解持家难处的女性,较易明白治国之难处。
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls;
the most massive characters are seared with scars.
受苦能突显坚强的灵魂,最明显的特征就是那伤口痊愈的疤痕。
Why would you want to be with someone who doesn't love you?
为什么留恋一个不爱你的人?
No matter how beautiful the memory is, it just belongs to the past.
回忆再美好,也只是曾经。
True love is not real unless it's returned.
真爱是需要有回应的。
The best way to say good bye is to leave with a smile.
说再见最好的方式,是带着笑容离开。
You can only live brilliantly if you know how to love yourself.
懂得自爱,才能活得精彩。
Don't worry, you will get used to it and above all, you will learn to deal with it.
别担心,你会习惯这一切,最重要的是,你会学会怎么去应对。
To keep someone around you is not love; love is to let the one you love go freely.
不是把对方留在自己身边才叫爱,能放手让所爱的人离开,也是爱的一种。
If you cry when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars.
当你为错过太阳而哭泣的时候,你也要再错过群星了。
If I can't let go of the past, tomorrow will never come.
如果不真正放下过去,就不会有明天。
Never say goodbye when you still want to try, never give up when you still feel you can take it,
never say you don't love that guy anymore when you can't let it go.
当你仍想继续,永远不要说再见;当你还能承受,永远不要说放弃;
当你舍不得一个人,永远永远不要说你不再爱他。
A person who truly loves you will never let you go, no matter how hard the situation is.
真心爱你的人永远不会放你走,不管遇到多大的困境。
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界。
Don't go. I can't do this on my own.
别走,我没办法一个人搞定这一切。
Sometimes all you need is a hug from the right person, and all your stress will melt away.
有时候你需要的只是那个人给你一个拥抱,然后你所有的压力就都消失不见了。
Meeting you is the best thing that ever happened in my life.
遇上你,是我这辈子最美好的事。
No matter how long it takes, true love is always worth waiting for.
不管需要多长时间,真爱永远值得等待。
There is always someone looking at you differently.
总会有那么一个人,看你的眼神与众不同。
I still remember your smile from the first day I met you.
我都还记得第一次遇到你的时候你的微笑。
The people you used to hate are trying to save us.
你曾讨厌的人,正在努力救我们。
Age is not wealth, but talent is mountain.
年龄不是财富,才华却是高山。
We have not experienced war, but we have never been far away from disaster.
我辈没有经历战争,但从未远离灾难。
The virus doesn't just attack the poor,But the poor will be harder when facing the virus
病毒不只攻击穷人,但穷人会更艰难。。
Everyone is equal before the virus.病毒来袭,
不论尊卑贫富。
Your immunity is the best talisman.
你的免疫力,才是最好的护身符
Ordinary kindness has always been great.
平凡的善良,一直都很伟大。
It's not much fun to be alone without freedom.
失去自由的独处,并无太多乐趣。
Every disaster is a patriotic education
每场灾难,都是一场爱国教育。
Be a builder, not a loser.
成为建设者,而不是堕落者。









离线jenny

只看该作者 沙发  发表于: 03-09
没有走过的路
The Road Not Taken
Robert Frost
罗伯特•弗罗斯特
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both
黄色的树林里分出两条路 可惜我不能同时去涉足
And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could
我在那路口久久伫立 我向着一条路极目望去
To where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair,
直到它消失在丛林深处 但我却选择了另外一条路它荒草萋萋,
And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
十分幽寂 显得更诱人,更美丽
Though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same,
虽然在这条小路上 很少留下旅人的足迹
And both that morning equally lay In leaves no step had trodden black.
那天清晨落叶满地 两条路都未经脚印污染
Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
呵,留下一条路等改日再见 但我知道路径延绵无尽头 恐怕我难以再回返
I doubted if I should ever come back. I shall be telling this with a sigh
也许多少年后在某个地方, 我将轻声叹息将往事回顾:
Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood,and I—
一片树林里分出两条路——
I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.
而我选择了人迹更少的一条, 从此决定了我一生的道路。
离线jenny

只看该作者 板凳  发表于: 03-09
攀登梦想的梯子
As a youngster on a farm, I had to drive a team of horses hitched to a hay wagon with a ladder fixed to the front on which I stood. While perched on that ladder, I would dream of the day when I would be able to have more than one pair of good shoes and many fancy clothes. It seemed that only on that ladder I would dream of what seemed impossible.
作为农场里的孩子,我要驾驭一队套着干草货车的马匹。货车的前面固定着一副梯子,我就站在那上面。站在梯子上,我梦想着某一天我能拥有几双好鞋,还有很多漂亮衣服。似乎只有在那副梯子上,我才能梦想一些看起来不可能得到的东西。
Few farmers' daughters continued their education after junior middle school at that time. My dear mother insisted I should; my father reluctantly agreed. We lived twelve miles from the nearest high school. There was no bus transportation. I had to stay with a family in that village during the first two years, helping with chores after school. Transportation was available the last two years but there was a two-mile walk each way to the bus stop. Cold weather prohibited this walk so I had to stay with a family near the bus stop. I tried desperately to be and do the best I could. I maintained well above average scholastic grades, participated in athletic and social service activities, receiving one of the seven medals for excellence at graduation.
那时,农民的女儿们很少有念完初中后继续受教育的。我亲爱的母亲坚持认为我应该去上学,父亲不情愿地答应了。我们的住处距最近的一所高中有12 英里。因为不通车,我只好在上高中的前两年寄宿在那个镇子里的一户人家里,放学后帮忙干些家务活。最后两年通了车,但从家和学校去车站都有两英里的路程。严寒的天气里,这段路就行不通了,于是我只好寄住在车站附近的一户人家里。我拼命努力,争取做到最好。我一直保持着超出平均分很多的好成绩,参加体育锻炼和社会服务活动。毕业时,我成了当年的七位优秀毕业生之一,获得了一枚奖章。
There was no financial help available to attend college. So I decided to seek employment as a stenographer-typist5). I typed and sent more than sixty letters with my resume to business places in Buffalo, NY. Only one response was favorable. Following an interview, I was hired. But that was short-lived, as eight weeks later my father became seriously ill. I was needed to cope with the farm work. He passed away in October and for the next six months I had been doing the work of a farm hand.
由于没人能资助我上大学,所以我决定找一份速记打字员的工作。我打了60 多封信,连同我的简历一起寄到了纽约州布法罗的商业区。只有一个地方给出了肯定的答复。经过面试,我被录用了。但那却是份短暂的工作,因为八周后,我父亲得了重病,家里需要我回去干农活。父亲10 月去世了,接下来的六个月,我一直在做农场工人的活。
After that I was again successful in obtaining office employment. Subsequently I took the Federal Civil Service Examination. Eighteen months later I was on my way to a position in Washington, D.C. While being there, I took an evening course at a University. One year later I was transferred to the US Weather Bureau in upstate New York, becoming its first woman weather observer.
那之后,我又成功得到了一份文职工作。接着,我参加了联邦公务员考试。18 个月后,我前往华盛顿特区任职。在那里,我上了一所大学开办的夜校。一年之后,我被调遣到纽约州北部的美国气象局,成了那里第一位女气象观察员。
Learning that an acquaintance needed help in his campaign for election to Congress, I resigned from the federal job and went to work for him. Upon winning the election, he chose me as one of his Washington secretaries. I then resumed my evening studies, receiving Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Accountancy. I continued in secretarial and administrative work as an aide to Congressmen for a total of twenty-eight years. My next goal was to become a CPA.
在得知一位熟人竞选国会议员需要帮助后,我辞掉了联邦政府的职务去为他工作。他竞选获胜后,选我做他在华盛顿地区的一位秘书。之后,我又继续在夜校学习,取得了会计学士学位和硕士学位。整整28 年,我一直在为国会议员当助理,从事秘书和行政工作。我的下一个目标是成为一名注册会计师。
I believe that dreams can come true. Mine did! Of course, there were many ruts and detours along the way, but hard work and perseverance made it happen. Never say ''It can't''. If it can happen to a poor farm girl, it can happen to anyone.
(By Irene Behrt Brodie)
我相信梦想可以成真。我的梦想就成真了!的确,途中有过许多坎坷和曲折,但勤奋努力和坚持不懈最终使我的梦想得以实现。永远不要说“这办不到”。如果一个贫穷的农场女孩儿都能实现梦想,那么每个人都可以梦想成真。
(译 / 栾薇)

快速回复
限100 字节
如果您提交过一次失败了,可以用”恢复数据”来恢复帖子内容
 
上一个 下一个