切换到宽版
  • 57阅读
  • 6回复

双语阅读 [复制链接]

上一主题 下一主题
在线jenny
 

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure.
成功没有秘诀。它源自充分的准备,努力地工作,来自从失败中汲取的教训。
Let the dead have the immortality of fame, but the living the immortality of love.
让逝者拥有不朽的荣誉,让生者拥有不朽的爱情。

Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth or the only truth.

为你自己的观点辩护吧,但不要相信它们会包含全部的真理或唯一的真相。
Every person has two educations, one which he receives from others,
and one, more important, which he gives to himself.
每个人都受两种教育,一种来自别人,另一种更重要,是来自自己。




在线jenny

只看该作者 沙发  发表于: 02-09
为什么别人给我们拍的照片都很丑?
Whenever someone takes a picture of me, I feel like I look hideous . Why is that?
别人给我拍的照片里面,我总觉得自己很蠢。为什么?

得票最高的 @Geoffrey Brickley 的回答:
I am a landscape photographer, generally, but occasionally am called on to photograph the occasional human or two.
总体来说,我是个风景摄影师,但我偶尔也会被叫去拍一两个人像。

I pull out the big camera with the telephoto lens and wide scatter flash.
我拿出了我的大相机,上面装着远焦镜头和巨大的散射闪光灯。

“No, can’t you… like use the phone? That will bring out my flaws.” Actually the reverse is true.
”不,你能不能……比如,用手机?这个东西会把我拍丑的。“实际上事实正好相反。

We look distorted in the phone cameras, better in standard 35 or 50 mm and even better in 135mm, but the best images are in telephotos.
我们在手机镜头里是失真的,而在35毫米或50毫米的标准镜头下则好很多,在135毫米镜头下则会更好,不过最好的照片还是要用远焦镜头来拍。

Because the wide angles distort our face. 85mm is considered the goto standard for portrait, 135mm a good plus, anything above is a bonus.
这是因为,广角镜头(手机的就是这种)会让我们的脸变形。而85毫米的镜头则是拍人像时的首选镜头,135毫米的则是锦上添花,更高的则更好。

Anything below, like our cell phones, is not going to make us look our best, not going to look like us.
而在这个标准以下的,比如我们的手机,是不会让我们看起来太好看的,甚至都不会让我们看起来像自己。

But there could actually be more to it. Beyond the photography lesson. I see a different image in the mirror.
而且实际上还不止如此。撇开摄影知识不谈,我们在镜子里看到的自己(和真是情况相比)是不同的。

来自 @Ivan Digon 的回答:
Because on picture, you lack of Motion.
因为图片上的你是不动的。

You seem much more attractive in front of your mirror than on a picture ; because mirror reflects the way you behave, the way you truly are.
你在镜子里看起来比在照片上看起来要有魅力得多,因为镜子里的影像就是你平常动的样子,那才是真实的你。

Whereas in a picture, everything is motionless, without this light of life.
而照片里,所有东西都是静止的,缺少了这一生命之光。

在线jenny

只看该作者 板凳  发表于: 02-16
1.I’m an office worker. 我是上班族。
2.I work for the government. 我在政府机关做事。
3.I’m happy to meet you. 很高兴见到你。
4.I like your sense of humor. 我喜欢你的幽默感。
5.I’m glad to see you again. 很高兴再次见到你。
6.I’ll call you. 我会打电话给你。
7.I feel like sleeping/ taking a walk. 我想睡/散步。
8.I want something to eat. 我想吃点东西。
9.I need your help. 我需要你的帮助。
10.I would like to talk to you for a minute. 我想和你谈一下。
11.I have a lot of problems. 我有很多问题。
12.I hope our dreams come true. 我希望我们的梦想成真。
13.I’m looking forward to seeing you. 我期望见到你。
14.I’m supposed to go on a diet / get a raise. 我应该节食/涨工资。
15.I heard that you’re getting married. Congratulations.听说你要结婚了,恭喜!
16.I see what your mean. 我了解你的意思。
17.I can’t do this. 我不能这么做。
18.Let me explain why I was late. 让我解释迟到的理由。
19.Let’s have a beer or something. 咱们喝点啤酒什么的。
20.Where is your office? 你们的办公室在哪?

21.What is your plan? 你的计划是什么?
22.When is the store closing? 这家店什么时候结束营业?
23.Are you sure you can come by at nine? 你肯定你九点能来吗?
24.Am I allowed to stay out past 10? 我可以十点过后再回家吗?
25.The meeting was scheduled for two hours, but it is now over yet. 会议原定了两个小时,不过现在还没有结束。
26.Tom’s birthday is this week. 汤姆的生日就在这个星期。
27.Would you care to see it/ sit down for a while? 你要不要看/坐一会呢?
28.Can you cover for me on Friday/help me/ tell me how to get there? 星期五能不能请你替我个班/你能帮我吗/你能告诉我到那里怎么走吗?
29.Could you do me a big favor? 能否请你帮我个忙?
30.He is crazy about Crazy English. 他对疯狂英语很着迷。
31.Can you imagine how much he paid for that car?你能想象他买那车花了多少钱吗?
32.Can you believe that I bought a TV for $25?
33.Did you know he was having an affair/cheating on his wife? 你知道他有外遇了吗?/欺骗他的妻子吗?
34.Did you hear about the new project? 你知道那个新项目吗?
35.Do you realize that all of these shirts are half off? 你知道这些衬衫都卖半价了吗?
36.Are you mind if I take tomorrow off? 你介意我明天请假吗?
37.I enjoy working with you very much. 我很喜欢和你一起工作。
38.Did you know that Stone ended up marrying his secretary? 你知道吗?斯通最终和他的秘书结婚了。
39.Let’s get together for lunch. 让我们一起吃顿午餐吧。
40.How did you do on your test? 你这次考试的结果如何?

41.Do you think you can come? 你认为你能来吗?
42.How was your weekend ? 你周末过得怎么样?
43.Here is my card. 这是我的名片。
44.He is used to eating out all the time. 他已经习惯在外面吃饭了。
45.I’m getting a new computer for birthday present. 我得到一台电脑作生日礼物。
46.Have you ever driven a BMW? 你有没有开过“宝马”?
47.How about if we go tomorrow instead? 我们改成明天去怎么样?
48.How do you like Hong Kong? 你喜欢香港吗?
49.How do you want your steak? 你的牛排要几分熟?
50.How did the game turn out? 球赛结果如何?
51.How did Mary make all of her money? 玛丽所有的钱是怎么赚到的?
52.How was your date? 你的约会怎么样?
53.How are you doing with your new boss? 你跟你的新上司处得如何?
54.How should I tell him the bad news? 我该如何告诉他这个坏消息?
55.How much money did you make? 你赚了多少钱?
56.How much does it cost to go abroad? 出国要多少钱?
57.How long will it take to get to your house? 到你家要多久?
58.How long have you been here? 你在这里多久了?
59.How nice/pretty/cold/funny/stupid/boring/interesting.
60.How about going out for dinner? 出去吃晚餐如何?

61.I’m sorry that you didn’t get the job. 很遗憾,你没有得到那份工作。
62.I’m afraid that it’s not going to work out. 我恐怕这事不会成的。
63.I guess I could come over. 我想我能来。
64.Is it okay to smoke in the office? 在办公室里抽烟可以吗?
65.It was kind of exciting. 有点剌激。
66.I know what you want. 我知道你想要什么。
67.Is that why you don’t want to go home? 这就是你不想回家的原因吗?
68.I’m sure we can get you a great / good deal. 我很肯定我们可以帮你做成一笔好交易。
69.Would you help me with the report? 你愿意帮我写报告吗?
70.I didn’t know he was the richest person in the world.我不知道他是世界上最有钱的人。
71.I’ll have to ask my boss/wife first.我必须先问一下我的老板/老婆。
72.I take it you don’t agree. 这么说来,我认为你是不同意。
73.I tried losing weight, but nothing worked. 我曾试着减肥,但是毫无效果。
74.It doesn’t make any sense to get up so early.那么早起来没有任何意义。
75.It took years of hard work to speak good English. 讲一口流利的英语需要多年的刻苦操练。
76.It feels like spring/ I’ve been here before. 感觉好象春天到了/我以前来过这里。
77.I wonder if they can make it. 我在想他们是不是能办得到。
78.It’s not as cold / hot as it was yesterday. 今天不想昨天那么冷/热。
79.It’s not his work that bothers me; it’s his attitude. 困扰我的不是他的工作,而是他的态度。
80.It sounds like you enjoyed it. 听起来你好象蛮喜欢的。

81.It seems to me that be would like to go back home. 我觉得他好象想要回家。
82.It looks very nice. 看起来很漂亮。
83.Is everything under control? 一切都在掌握之中吗?
84.I thought you could do a better job. 我以为你的表现会更好。
85.It’s time for us to say “No” to America. 是我们对美国说不的时候了。
86.The show is supposed to be good. 这场表演应当是相当好的。
87.It really depends on who is in charge. 那纯粹要看谁负责了。
88.It involves a lot of hard work. 那需要很多的辛勤工作。
89.That might be in your favor. 那可能对你有利。
90.I didn’t realize how much this meant to you. 我不知道这个对你的意义有这么大。
91.I didn’t mean to offend you. 我不是故意冒犯你。
92.I was wondering if you were doing anything this weekend. 我想知道这个周末你有什么要做。
93.May I have your attention., please? 请大家注意一下。
94.This is great golfing / swimming/ picnic weather. 这是个打高尔夫球/游泳/野餐的好天气。
95.Thanks for taking me the movie. 谢谢你带我去看电影。
96.I am too tired to speak. 我累得说不出活来。
97.Would you tell me your phone number? 你能告诉我你的电话号码吗?
98.Where did you learn to speak English? 你从哪里学会说英语的呢?
99.There is a TV show about AIDS on right now. 电视正在播放一个关于爱滋病的节目。
100.What do you think of his new job/ this magazine? 你对他的新工作/这本杂志看法如何?
在线jenny

只看该作者 地板  发表于: 02-16
中国的发展是世界的机遇
China's Development Brings Opportunities to the World


Despite the long distance between China and Canada, officials from the two countries often sit next to each other because of the alphabetical order of seats in international conferences, where they share extensive opportunities for communication and exchanges. As China's interaction with the rest of the world becomes more frequent, China and Canada share closer contacts and exchanges on multilateral occasions. In this context, what influence will China's development have on the world? And what does it mean for Canada?
中国和加拿大虽相距遥远,但在国际会议等场合,因为英文字母排序相近,中国和加拿大的官员经常相邻而坐,有很多沟通交流的机会。随着中国与外部世界的互动越来越频繁,中国与加拿大在多边场合的接触和交往也越来越密切。那么,中国的发展对世界产生什么样的影响?对加拿大又意味着什么?
China injects positive energy into world peace and development. In recent years, China has proposed a series of significant concepts and initiatives, such as promoting a community of shared future for mankind, establishing a new type of international relations, and building the Belt and Road Initiative. China has also contributed its wisdom and solutions to safeguarding world peace and promoting shared development. China is actively engaged in international arms control, disarmament, and non-proliferation processes, and is opposed to arms races, in an effort to maintain global strategic balance and stability. China firmly upholds an international system with the United Nations at its core, staunchly supports multilateralism, and proactively participates in the resolution of major international and regional hotspot issues. In July 2016, the government forces of South Sudan and anti-government armed forces exchanged heavy fire in Juba, during which Chinese soldiers Li Lei and Yang Shupeng unfortunately died in the line of duty. They were among the second batch of Chinese peacekeeping infantry dispatched to South Sudan. This is merely a microcosm of China's participation in the UN peacekeeping operations for nearly three decades. As of December 2018, an accumulative total of more than 39,000 Chinese peacekeepers have been deployed to UN peacekeeping missions around the world, the highest number among the five permanent members of the UN Security Council.
中国为世界和平发展注入正能量。近年来,中国提出推动构建人类命运共同体、构建新型国际关系、共建“一带一路”等重要理念、倡议,为维护世界和平、促进共同发展贡献了中国智慧和中国方案。中国积极参与国际军控、裁军和防扩散进程,反对军备竞赛,维护全球战略平衡与稳定。中国坚定维护以联合国为核心的国际体系,坚定支持多边主义,积极参与重大国际和地区热点问题解决。2016年7月,南苏丹政府军与反政府武装在朱巴激烈交火,中国第2批赴南苏丹维和步兵营战士李磊、杨树朋不幸牺牲。这是中国参与联合国维和行动近30年的一个缩影。截至2018年12月,中国军队已累计派出维和军事人员3.9万余人次,是联合国安理会五个常任理事国派出最多的国家。


China provides impetus to global economic growth. China practices win-win co-operation and seeks shared benefits for all. In recent years, China's average rate of contribution to global economic growth has exceeded 30 per cent, making it the strongest engine of world economic growth. China has nearly 1.4 billion people, of whom 400 million are among the middle-income group, thus making China the largest market in the world. In the next 15 years, China's imported goods and services will respectively exceed US$30-trillion and US$10-trillion in value, and its opening up to the outside world in an all-around way will create more opportunities for the world to share "China's dividend."
中国为全球经济增长提供动力源。中国践行合作双赢、谋求多赢和共赢,近年来中国对世界经济增长的平均贡献率超过30%,跃居世界经济增长第一引擎。中国有近14亿人口、4亿中等收入群体,市场规模全球最大。未来15年,中国进口商品和服务将分别超过30万亿美元和10万亿美元。全方位对外开放将为各国分享“中国红利”创造更多机会。
China contributes to addressing global issues. In January 2015, a seven-year-old Liberian boy named Robert became one of the first Ebola patients to be successfully cured by China's anti-Ebola team in Africa. Since the outbreak of the Ebola epidemic in West Africa, China has been providing full-fledged assistance while some other countries flinched from working on the frontline due to "Ebola-phobia." Confronted with the withdrawal of the United States from the Paris Agreement, China, along with other countries, has made joint efforts to safeguard the outcomes of the agreement and has actively participated in the climate governance processes of the United Nations and other multilateral platforms. As a leader in achieving sustainable development goals, China, over the past 40 years of reform and opening up, has successfully lifted more than 800-million people out of poverty, contributing over 70 per cent to global poverty reduction outcome.
中国为应对全球性问题贡献力量。2015年1月,7岁的利比里亚男孩罗伯特成为中国援非抗埃医疗队成功治愈的首批埃博拉患者。西非埃博拉疫情爆发后,在一些国家“恐埃”、退缩的情况下,中国全力提供援助。面对美国退出《巴黎协定》,中国与其他国家共同维护《巴黎协定》的成果,积极参与联合国及其他多边平台气候治理进程。中国是可持续发展目标的领军者,改革开放40年来,中国实现8亿多人口摆脱贫困,对世界减贫贡献率超过70%。
President Xi Jinping noted that China cannot develop in isolation from the world, and the world also needs China for its development. China's development also is bound to bring new opportunities to Canada. Both China and Canada firmly support multilateralism, free trade, and the construction of an open world. It is my hope that our voices in this regard can be heard more in the future.
习近平主席说,“中国的发展离不开世界,世界的发展也需要中国”。中国的发展也将为加拿大带来新的机遇。中加两国都坚定支持多边主义,维护自由贸易,主张构建开放型世界。希望我们今后能就此发出更多的声音。
在线jenny

只看该作者 4楼 发表于: 02-16
钟南山接受专访
I think [that] the majority of the people think [that] he is the hero of China.
我认为大多数人认为他是中国的英雄。
So even [does] me. I am so proud of him.
我也是。我真为他骄傲。
He told people the truth at the end of December. And you know, he passed away.
他在12月底就告诉了人们真相。后来他去世了。
I think in the second day, in Wuhan and some other cities, they held a short mourning memorial and just raised the mobile phone and turn on the light and show this for a couple minutes and then go back to work.
我想在第二天,在武汉和其他一些城市,人们举办了简短的哀悼仪式,举起手机,打开灯,持续了好几分钟,然后又回去工作了。
They're not thinking about the death and they admire him and they supposed Dr.Lee is a hero, including me.
他们没有想死亡这件事,他们只是佩服他,认为李医生是个英雄,包括我也是这么认为的。
This is a Chinese doctor. I suppose the majority of Chinese doctor are actually like him.
这是一位中国医生。我想大多数中国医生都和他一样。

在线jenny

只看该作者 5楼 发表于: 02-16
1. How are you doing?(你好吗?)
  2. I'm doing great.(我过得很好。)
  3. What's up?(出什么事了/你在忙些什么/怎么了?)
  4. Nothing special.(没什么特别的。)
  5. Hi. Long time no see.(嗨,好久不见了。)
  6. So far so good.(到目前为止,一切都好。)
  7. Things couldn't be better.(一切顺利。)
  8. How about yourself?(你自己呢?)
  9. Today is a great day.(今天是个好日子。)
  10. Are you making progress?(有进展吗?)

    11. May I have your name, please?(请问尊姓大名?)
  12. I've heard so much about you.(久仰大名。)
  13. I hope you're enjoying your staying here.(希望你在这里过得愉快。)
  14. Let's get together again.(改天再聚聚。)
  15. That's a great idea!(好主意!)
       16. Please say hello to your mother for me.(请代我向你母亲问好。)
  17. I'm glad to have met you.(很高兴遇到你。)
  18. Don't forget us.(别忘了我们。)
  19. Keep in touch.(保持联系。)
  20. I had a wonderful time here.(我在这里度过了难忘的时光。)

       21. Have a nice weekend.(周末愉快。)
  22. Same to you.(彼此彼此。)
  23. Nice talking to you.(很高兴与你聊天。)
  24. Take care of yourself.(自己当心/照顾好你自己。)
  25. Thank you for everything.(谢谢你的多方关照/你为我所做的一切。)
  26. Thank you all for coming.(谢谢光临。)
  27. I appreciate your help.(我感谢你的帮助。)
  28. You're always welcome.(别客气/不用谢)
  29. Forget it.(算了吧)
  30. It was my pleasure.(不用谢。)

       31. I made a mistake.(我弄错了。)
  32. I'm terribly sorry.(实在抱歉。)
  33. I must apologize!(我必须道歉!)
     34. I feel terrible.(我感觉糟透了。)
  35. It's not your fault. (那不是你的错。)
  36. Sorry to bother /have bothered you.(抱歉,打扰一下/打扰你了。)
  37. What do you do?(你做什么工作?)
  38. How do you like your new job?(你觉得你的新工作怎样?)
  39. I like it a lot.(我很喜欢。)
  40. I like reading and listening to music.(我喜欢阅读和欣赏音乐。)

       41. What's wrong?(怎么回事?)
  42. What happened?(发生什么事了?)
  43. I hope nothing is wrong.(我希望一切顺利。)
  44. I know how you feel.(我知道你的感受。)
  45. Sorry to hear that.(听到这个消息我很难受。)
  46. Come on, you can do that.(来吧,你能做到的。)
  47. Use your head.(动动脑筋。)
  48. You did a great job.(你赶得很好。)
  49. That's very nice of you.(你真好。)
  50. I'm very proud of you.(我为你感到自豪。)

       51. I like your style.(我喜欢你的风格。)
  52. I love you guys.(我爱你们。)
  53. How do I look?(我看起来怎么样?)
  54. You look great!(你看上去棒极了!)
  55. That's fantastic!(那真是棒极了!)
  56. That's really something.(那真是了不起!)
  57. It's a pleasure working with you.(与您合作很愉快。)
  58. Congratulations on your success.(祝贺你的成功。)
  59. I'd like to propose a toast.(我提议干杯!)
  60. Are you married or single?(你结婚了吗?)

       61. I've been dying to see you.(我非常想见到你。)
  62. I'm crazy about you.(我为你疯狂/痴迷/神魂颠倒。)
  63. I love you with all my heart.(我全心全意爱你!)
  64. You're everything to me.(你是我的一切!)
  65. You're in love!(你恋爱了!)
  66. I'm tired of working all day.(整日工作使我厌烦。)
  67. You work too much.(你做得太多了。)
  68. Money will come and go.(钱乃身外之物。)
  69. Are you crazy?(你疯了吗?)
  70. Have you got it?(明白了吗?)

       71. I've got it.(我懂了。)
  72. I can't afford that.(我承担/买不起。)
  73. I did it, I'm so happy now.(我做到了,现在我很满意
    74. I don't care.(不关我的事/我不管。)
  75. I don't think so.(我不这么想/我看不会/不行/不用。)
  76. I guess so.(我想是吧。)
  77. I have no other choice.(我别无选择。)
  78. I will do my best!(我会尽力的!)
  79. I mean it.(我是认真的。)
  80. I'm so scared.(我怕极了。)

    81. It's hard to say.(难说。)
  82. It's a long story.(说来话长/一言难尽。)
  83. It's a small world.(世界真小。)
  84. It's against the law!(那是违法的!)
  85. It's a good opportunity!(好机会!)
  86. It's dangerous!(危险!)
  87. May I help you?(我能帮忙吗?)
  88. No doubt about it.(毫无疑问。)
  89. That's bullshit!(废话!)
  90. Think it over.(仔细考虑一下。)

       91. Time will tell.(时间会证明的。)
  92. What a surprise!(太令人惊讶了!)
  93. Whatever you say!(随便你!)
  94. You are the boss!(听你的!你说了算!)
  95. You have my word!(我保证!)
  96. Tough job, tough day, tough world. Life is not always sweet. That's life!(艰苦的工作,艰难的日子,不幸的世界。生活并不总是甜蜜的。这就是生活!)
  97. I need some sleep.(我需要睡眠。)
  98. Take it easy.(别紧张。)
  99. Just relax.(放松一下。)
  100. Zip your fly!(闭嘴!)

在线jenny

只看该作者 6楼 发表于: 02-16
Perfection
完美

Matthew

Perfection was created
to make us feel imperfect,
but imperfect, of course,
is the perfect thing to be.
完美这个词只是为了让我们认识到
我们每个人都是“不完美”的,
而“不完美”才是人生真谛

We spend every hour of every day,
every day of every week,
trying to be different,
trying to be unique.
无时无刻
我们都挣扎着想要与众不同
想要无可取代

Our nature is to search
for answers to life's questions,
concepts we don't understand,
like "What is perfection?"
我们的本性便是追寻生命的本质
追问我们尚无头绪的概念
比如“何为完美”

You strive to be "perfect,"
a term you don't understand.
You should be yourself
before it gets out of hand.
你绞尽心思想达成“完美”
但这个词你甚至都不甚理解
你就是你
做自己,还来得及。

Surely happiness is of priority
over a word like "perfection,"
so ask yourself this,
Who looks back in your reflection?
所以比起“完美”这么个飘渺的词
还是真切的“快乐”来得实在
扪心自问
当你看着镜子的时候
镜子里的那个人还是你么
快速回复
限100 字节
如果您提交过一次失败了,可以用”恢复数据”来恢复帖子内容
 
上一个 下一个