切换到宽版
  • 1194阅读
  • 58回复

英语口语学习 [复制链接]

上一主题 下一主题
离线jenny

只看该作者 40楼 发表于: 2017-09-16
Do you have a favorite local restaurant? This is a great conversation to get people talking about their favorite local hangouts, which puts everyone at ease.
你有最喜欢的餐厅吗?这个问题能让人们谈论起日常休闲的地方,使大家放松。
What's your favorite movie? You can find out a lot about a person when you chat about a favorite movie. Follow it up with specific questions, such as scene stealers and actors in the flick.
你最喜欢哪部电影?人们对电影的喜好能反映个人特点。接着问些具体的问题,比如谁最抢戏,片中的演员等等。
What movie are you dying to see? Jump in with a question that involves everyone and will get a group chatting over new releases.
哪一部电影你非看不可?这个问题可以让所有人都加入到对新影片的讨论中。
What are you watching on TV? This is another question that won't offend and is open-ended, encouraging even the super shy to start chatting.
你都看些什么电视节目?这又是一个比较中性的问题,答案很开放,让那些性格内向的人也能加入讨论。
What's the last concert you went to? Another easygoing question for one-on-one conversation or for jumping into a group conversation. And it's a fun way to find out what kinds of music your new friends listen to.
你最近去的音乐会是那一场?这个话题不仅适合两个人谈论,作为小组讨论的话题也完全没问题,还能让你知道新朋友的音乐偏好。
What's the craziest thing you've ever done? For those who are ready to make a bold first impression, this is a question that gets attention and can lead to fun conversation.
你做过的最疯狂的事是什么?如果你想让人印象深刻的话,这是一个能够吸引注意而且制造乐趣的话题。
If you were stranded on a deserted island and you could have only one item, what would it be? Yes, a classic one-liner, but this conversation starter always gets a good answer.
如果你被困在沙漠中但只能带一样东西,你会带什么?没错,就是这个经典的问题,但通常你会得到一个好回答。
What's your favorite season? Here's a question that works well with the "it's always easy to talk about the weather" concept. Follow up by asking about the current weather conditions, and you have a conversation.
你最喜欢的季节是哪一个? 这个问题验证了那句“如果不知道说什么,问天气总是没错的。”这之后再问现在的天气状况,对话就开始啦。
Do you speak any other languages? Asking a semi personal question encourages others to share information about themselves without feeling guarded.
你会说其他语言吗?问一些比较私人的话题,可以让对方分享一些信息但又不会过度防备。
Do you have anything fun planned for the weekend? Make chatting easy by asking about future plans — without setting off a stalker vibe. Keep it light and share your plans too.
这个周末有什么计划?关于未来打算的问题让对话变得轻松,但不要刨根问底,给人居心叵测的感觉。尽量保证话题轻松,同时也分享你的计划。

离线jenny

只看该作者 41楼 发表于: 2017-09-16
Where's your favorite place to hang out in town? Here is another fun way to start a conversation about your community without being threatening. And it opens discussion to favorite restaurants, bars, and shops.
镇上最喜欢的去处?这又是一个有趣而不私人的开场问题。接着就可以讨论最喜欢的餐厅,酒吧和商店。
I like your shirt! Where did you get it? A genuine compliment makes anyone smile.
我很喜欢你的衬衫,在哪买的?真诚的称赞能换来对方的笑脸。
I can't place this song — do you know it? Hey, even if you know the tune, asking someone else about the music playing is a simple start.
我想不起来这首歌叫什么了——你知道吗? 哪怕你知道答案,问对方这个问题能轻松的让你们开始攀谈。
How long have you been at your job? Even at a corporate event, asking others about their job titles, roles, and how long they have been at the company breaks the ice.
你在现在的工作岗位上做了几年?即使在公司活动上,询问关于职位和工作时间也是很好的开场白。
Tell me about something that made you laugh this week. Everyone loves a good laugh! Asking about something that brought on a chuckle makes anyone smile.
告诉我这星期让你开心的事情吧。人人都爱笑!讨论点有趣的事能让人开怀一笑。
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? A bit more direct, but asking a specific question that requires thought can really make an impression.
如果你有一百万美元,你会做什么?这问题有点直接,不过这种需要思考的问题通常能给人留下印象。
How are you today? Sure, this is a no-brainer question, but it gets people talking.
今天怎么样?好吧,这问题有点没水准,但总能让人说点什么。
Where is the best place you have ever visited? Taking a vacation is always wonderful. Asking someone new about a favorite destination is always an easy way to start talking.
你去过最赞的地方是哪?假期绝对是个好话题,而问人们最喜欢的地方让谈话很容易就开始。
Did you hear about (something trending in the news)? Pick something pretty generic, remembering to stay away from politics and religion, and the conversation will get rolling.
你听说了(当下热点事件)吗?挑一点比较大众的问题,记住不要提起政治和宗教,这样对话就会开始了。
So, what's your story? OK, this one is borderline pick-up line, but it's also a direct approach for chatting.
你有什么经历分享?这个开场白不要轻易采用,不过也不失为一个让对方开口的方法。

离线jenny

只看该作者 42楼 发表于: 2017-09-16
This place is awesome! Have you been here before? Complimenting the venue is a positive way to chat with others.
这地方太棒了!你以前来过这吗?称赞场地也是打开话匣子的好方法。
If you could be an animal, what would you be and why? Just don't roar after asking! This question is also a fun and light way to break the ice.
如果你能成为一种动物,你会做什么,为什么?问完问题以后,千万别大笑。这是个有趣又轻松的话题。
If you could invite a famous person over for dinner, who would it be? Also an often-used conversation starter, this question has lasted the test of time, which makes it a winner anywhere, anytime.
如果你可以邀请一位名人共进晚餐,你会邀请谁?同样是个经典问题,但毕竟经过时间的考验,在任何时间,任何地点都是适用的。
What's your favorite holiday? Open and generic, a basic question is an easy way to start mingling.
你最喜欢什么节日?普通的问题最能开始一段对话。
What's the craziest thing you've ever eaten? Here's another fun question that gets people talking! And it's a great question to use when you feel awkward joining a group that's already chatting.
你吃过的最不可思议的东西是什么?这又是个让人说话的有趣问题!当别人已经在讨论时,这个问题能帮你化解尴尬。
What is one thing you couldn't live without? Wine? Chocolate? Bread? There's no wrong answer to this question, which makes it another winner.
离开了什么你就无法生活?酒?巧克力?面包?这个问题没有固定答案,这也是为什么这是个好问题的原因了。
Have you ever won anything? It feels good when you win something, so asking someone about this special moment encourages sharing.
你有赢得过什么奖励吗?能赢得什么总令人开心,所以问问别人的类似经历,这有助于互相分享。
Do you have any brothers or sisters? Slightly personal without requiring too much info, asking others about their family is a smart way to make connections.
你有兄弟姐妹吗?有点私人,但又不会透露太多信息。询问对方的家庭能快速的和他建立起联系。
Have you ever met anyone famous? A brush with a famous person is always a thrill, making talking about it with a stranger a fun icebreaker.
你有碰到过名人吗? 和名人擦身而过总令人兴奋,和陌生人讨论这个话题再适合不过。
Do you prefer texting, calling, or emailing? Emailing! This is actually a great question to ask someone after you have made a connection. Follow up by asking for your new friend's phone number or email address.
你是倾向于发短信,打电话,还是发邮件呢?邮件!如果你和对方熟悉起来的话,这绝对是个好问题。之后你就可以问问新朋友的电话号码和邮箱了。
离线jenny

只看该作者 43楼 发表于: 2017-09-16
What are you trying to say?
你到底想说什么?
Don't be silly.
别胡闹了。
How strong are your glasses?
你近视多少度?
Just because.
没有别的原因。
It isn't the way I hoped it would be.
这不是我所盼望的。
You will never guess.
你永远猜不到。
No one could do anything about it.
众人对此束手无措。
I saw something deeply disturbing.
深感事情不妙。
Money is a good servant but a bad master.
要做金钱的主人,莫做金钱的奴隶。
I am not available.
我正忙着
Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.
脑中的知识比手中的金钱更重要
Never say die. it's a piece of cake.
别泄气,那只是小菜一碟。
Don't worry. you'll get use to it soon.
别担心,很快你就会习惯的。
I know how you feel.
我明白你的感受。
You win some. you lose some.
胜败乃兵家常事。
Don't bury your head in the sand.
不要逃避现实。
I didn't expect you to such a good job.
我没想到你干得这么好。
You are coming alone well.
你做得挺顺利。
She is well-build.
她的身材真棒。
You look neat and fresh.
你看起来很清纯。
You have a beautiful personality.
你的气质很好。
You flatter me immensely.
你过奖啦。
You should be slow to judge others.
你不应该随意评论别人。
I hope you will excuse me if I make any mistake.
如有任何错误,请你原谅
It was most careless of me.
我太粗心了。
It was quite by accident.
真是始料不及。
I wish I had all the time I’d ever wasted, so I could waste it all over again
.我希望所有被我浪费的时间重新回来,让我再浪费一遍。
I like you the way you were.
我喜欢你以前的样子。
You two go ahead to the movie without me, I don't want to be a third wheel.
你们两个自己去看电影吧,我不想当电灯泡。
Do you have anyone in mind?
你有心上人吗?
How long have you known her?
你认识她多久了?
It was love at first sight.
一见钟情
I'd battle hit the books.
我要复习功课啦。
a piece of one's mind .
直言不讳
He gave me a piece of mind, "Don't shift responsibility onto others."
他责备道:“不要把责任推卸到别人身上。”
a cat and dog life 
水火不容的生活
The husband and his wife are always quarrelling, and they are leading a cat and dog life.
这对夫妇老是吵架,相互之间水火不容。
a dog's life
潦倒的生活
The man lived a dog's life.
这个人生活潦倒。 
A to Z 
从头至尾
I know that from A to Z.
我很了解这件事。
above somebody 
深奥
Well, this sort of talk is above me.
我不懂你们在讲什么。
all ears 全神贯注地倾听着
When you tell Mary some gossip, she is all ears.
跟Mary讲一些小道消息,她会听地仔仔细细。
all the more 
更加,益发
You'll be all the better for a holiday.
度一次假,对你会更有好处。
all dressed up
打扮得整整齐齐
She is all dressed up and nowhere to go.
她打扮得整整齐却无处炫耀。
all in all
总的说来;最心爱的东西
The daughter is all in all to him.
女儿是他的无价宝。
all out 竭尽全力
They went all out.
他们鼓足了干劲。
all over
全部结束;浑身,到处
Glad, it is all over.
这事全部结束了,好得很。
I'm wet all over.
我浑身都湿了。
all set
准备就绪
He is all set for an early morning start.
他已做好清晨出发的一切准备。
all you have to do
需要做得是
All you have to do is to calm yourself down and wait for the good news.
你需要做的是静下心来等好消息。
To me, a good story teller, it would be as easy as falling of a log.
对我来说,讲个故事还不是随手拈来。
as busy as a bee 非常忙
Mum is always as busy as a bee in the morning.妈妈每天早上都忙得不可开交。
at one's fingertips 了如指掌
How to get at that little island is at his fingertips.他知道怎么去那个小岛。
at one's wit's end 智穷
Don't ask him. It is also at his wit's end.不要问他了,他也不知道。
big shot 大人物,大亨
He is a big shot in our little town.
black sheep 败家子,害群之马
Every family has a black sheep.家家有本难念的经。
black and blue 遍体鳞伤
The thief was caught of red-handed and beaten black and blue.
那个小偷当场被抓住并被打得青一块紫一块的。
black and white 白纸黑字
The proof is in black and white and the murderer has no any excuses.
证据确凿,凶手再也无话可说。
blind alley 死胡同
You are heading into a blind alley.
你正在钻牛角尖。
blow hot and cold
摇摆不定
This guy seemed to have no own idea. He always blew hot and cold.
这家伙好象没什么主张,总是摇摆不定。
blow one's own trumpet 自吹自擂
Don't blow your own trumpet. Let us see what on earth you can do.
不要自吹自擂了,让我们看看你到底能做什么。
born with a silver in one's mouth 
出生在富贵人家
He is born with a silver in one's mouth.
他是含着金钥匙出生的。
bland new 崭新的
a bland new coat 新衣服
break the ice 打破沉默
The couple hadn't spoken to each other for a week.
They were both waiting for the other one to break the ice.
这对夫妇已经一个星期没说过话了。两人都在等另一方先开口。
by a blow 无意中的一击
He is beaten to the ground by a blow.他被击到在地。
can't stand it any longer 不能再忍受了
I can't stand it any longer, I quit.我再也忍受不了了,我走。
carry something too far 过火了
You are carrying your joke too far.你玩笑开得太过分了。
castle in the sky 海市蜃楼
You plan is nearly a castle in the sky.你的计划简直就是空想。
cats got one's tongue 哑口无言
chain smoker 老烟枪
come up with 产生,想出
Let me come up with some ideas.让我想一想。
come easily 容易
Languages come easily to some people.
有些人能够很容易地掌握语言。
cup of tea 喜欢
Movies are not my cup of tea.我不喜欢看电影。
cut it out 停止,住嘴
Cut it out! I can't stand you any longer.
call it a day 不再做下去,停止(某种活动)
Let us call it a day, stop.
这一天工作够了,停工吧! 
离线jenny

只看该作者 44楼 发表于: 2017-09-16
Katie: So what are three foods you can't stand? Three foods that you hate?
凯蒂:哪三种食物是你不能忍受的?哪三种食物是你讨厌的?
Gilda: Number one would be chocolate.
吉尔达:第一种是巧克力。
Katie: Chocolate?
凯蒂:巧克力?
Gilda: Yes.
吉尔达:对。
Katie: That's crazy.
凯蒂:那太疯狂了。
Gilda: I don't like the feeling you have when you put a piece of chocolate inside your mouth. It's like too hot. Like if I eat a piece of chocolate, I need to drink a lot of water.
吉尔达:我不喜欢把巧克力放在嘴里的那种感觉。太热了。如果我吃巧克力,那我要喝很多水。
Katie: Wow.
凯蒂:哇哦。
Gilda: It feels – I don't like it. Yeah.
吉尔达:那种感觉……我不喜欢。
Katie: I will gladly eat all your chocolate. If you have chocolate you don't want, I'm here.
凯蒂:我很乐意吃掉你所有的巧克力。如果你有巧克力,你又不想吃,给我好了。
Gilda: Yeah. It's weird because when, you know, chocolate is very popular as a gift. Somebody is always giving you chocolate and I take it because I don't want to say to everybody like, "I hate chocolate actually." But yeah, what about you? What's something you don't really like?
吉尔达:好的。这很奇怪,因为巧克力是非常受欢迎的礼物。有人经常送巧克力,而我会接受,因为我不想跟所有人说,“其实我讨厌巧克力”。你呢?哪种食物是你不喜欢的?
Katie: Well, I have something I don't like that I think is really popular. And every time I say I don't like it, I always get the same like, "What?" kind of reaction, but I don't like ice cream.
凯蒂:我不喜欢的食物非常受欢迎。每次我跟别人说我不喜欢这种食物,他们的反应都是“你说什么?”不过我真的不喜欢冰激凌。
Gilda: What?
吉尔达:你说什么?
Katie: I don't like ice cream. I don't think food should be that cold. I don't like it. Food shouldn't be too cold to eat.
凯蒂:我不喜欢冰激凌。我认为食物不应该是冷的。我不喜欢。不应该吃太冷的食物。
Gilda: Really?
吉尔达:真的吗?
Katie: It's just not...
凯蒂:就是……
Gilda: You don't know what you're missing. Ice creams are really, really good especially in summer.
吉尔达:你都不知道你错过了什么。冰激凌真的非常美味,尤其夏天食用更佳。
Katie: Chocolate is really good. Chocolate, I'll take chocolate over ice cream any day.
凯蒂:巧克力也很美味。相比冰激凌,我更喜欢吃巧克力。
Gilda: Well, you can try chocolate ice cream.
吉尔达:好吧,你可以试试巧克力冰激凌。
Katie: Oh, chocolate ice cream is the worst. Chocolate ice cream is the worst. No, thank you.
凯蒂:哦,巧克力冰激凌是最糟的。巧克力冰激凌是最糟糕的食物。不用了,谢谢。
Gilda: What about a second one? Do you have any second food that you don't like?
吉尔达:那第二种食物呢?你还有不喜欢的食物吗?
Katie: I don't like tomatoes. Which is strange because I eat lots of pasta with tomato-flavored stuff in it. But just tomatoes by themselves is not something I enjoy. Whenever I have like a hamburger with a tomato, I always have to take it out and give it to someone else. Just, I don't like it. It's just juicy and not in a good juicy way.
凯蒂:我不喜欢番茄。其实这很奇怪,因为我经常吃用番茄调味的意大利面。不过我不喜欢番茄。如果汉堡里有番茄,我会把它们拿出来,给其他人吃。我只是不喜欢番茄。番茄汁液丰富,但并不美味。
Gilda: I don't like garlic.
吉尔达:我不喜欢大蒜?
Katie: You don't like garlic?
凯蒂:你不喜欢大蒜吗?
Gilda: I like garlic in food but I don't like to see it or eat it and have this, the taste of garlic, I don't like it.
吉尔达:我喜欢在食物里放大蒜,但是我不喜欢看到或吃到大蒜,我不喜欢大蒜的味道。
Katie: Once you've got the taste of garlic, you don't get rid of that for about three days.
凯蒂:一旦你吃了大蒜以后,三天都去除不了那种味道。
Gilda: Exactly. That's another thing. Yeah. So when my mom is cooking and using garlic, she ... after that, she had to remove it. She cannot leave any evidence that she was using garlic in her food. Yes.
吉尔达:没错。那是另一回事了。我妈妈做饭时会放大蒜,然后她会把大蒜拿出去。她不能留下任何表明她在食物里放了大蒜的证据。
Katie: Is there another food that you don't like?
凯蒂:你还有其他讨厌的食物吗?
Gilda: I would say sprouts, Brussel sprouts.
吉尔达:我会说抱子甘蓝。
Katie: Yeah. No one likes sprouts.
凯蒂:对,没人喜欢抱子甘蓝。
Gilda: Yes. It's bitter and even though some people say it's good for your body, I don't like them.
吉尔达:没错。抱子甘蓝很苦,虽然有人说它对身体有好处,那我也不喜欢。
Katie: I think, yeah, sprouts are just universally hated. No one like sprouts.
凯蒂:我认为所有人都讨厌抱子甘蓝。没有人喜欢它。
Gilda: Yeah. But when you are a child, your parents, for some reason always giving you that.
吉尔达:对。不过因为某些原因,父母通常会让孩子吃抱子甘蓝。
Katie: Yeah. Cruel.
凯蒂:对,太残忍了。
Gilda: Yeah. I don't like it. It looks like – I feel like a cow eating those things. Yeah.
吉尔达:没错。我不喜欢它。那就像……我感觉就像是牛在吃东西一样。
Katie: Yeah. I can imagine. It's just—ugh!
凯蒂:对,我可以想象。那真是……哦!
Gilda: What about you? Any other?
吉尔达:你呢?你还有其他不喜欢的食物吗?
Katie: I have one more but it's really strange. I've never actually eaten them but looking at them makes me really uncomfortable, and that's olives. I hate olives.
凯蒂:还有一种食物我很讨厌,不过其实很奇怪。我从来没吃过这种食物,不过只是看着它就让我感觉很不舒服,那就是橄榄。我讨厌橄榄。
Gilda: No. I love them.
吉尔达:不是吧,我很喜欢橄榄。
Katie: I can't stand olives. Just looking at them makes me want to scream.
凯蒂:我受不了橄榄。只是看着它们就让我想尖叫。
Gilda: Really?
吉尔达:真的吗?
Katie: Like I think it's the hole. I don't like the hole in olives. I'm like scared of olives. It's really strange, but no.
凯蒂:我想我讨厌的是洞。我不喜欢橄榄上的洞。可以说我被橄榄吓到了。这很奇怪,不过我就是不喜欢。
Gilda: I like them.
吉尔达:我喜欢。
Katie: You can have my olives.
凯蒂:你可以拿走我的橄榄。
Gilda: Very tasty green, black.
吉尔达:绿橄榄和黑橄榄都非常美味。
Katie: No. If I see them in a jar at the supermarket—
凯蒂:不行,如果我在超市里看到罐装的橄榄……
Gilda: Better than chocolate.
吉尔达:比巧克力要好。
Katie: Just no. No. No, no, no. I don't like them. Scared of olives. It's the craziest thing ever but no. I don't like olives. Keep them away from me.
凯蒂:不是,不对,不对,不是这样的。我不喜欢橄榄。我怕橄榄。那是最疯狂的事情。我不喜欢橄榄。把它们拿走,离我远点。
Gilda: Good.
吉尔达:好吧。
离线jenny

只看该作者 45楼 发表于: 2017-09-18
Please don't annoy her ,she's got a violent temper.
请不要再惹她,她脾气很火爆的。
I did not mean to offend you.
我不是故意要惹你的。
The news completely upset them.
这消息使得他们极为心烦。
Don't provoke the dog, he may bite you.
不要惹怒这条狗,它可能会咬你。
You will push her buttons if you don' t allow her to come.
如果你不让她来,会激怒她的。
You really piss me off. 你真气到我了。
Don't mess with me! Or you'll be sorry.
不要惹我,否则你会后悔的。
What are you going to get out of him if you rub him up the wrong way?
你把他惹毛,有什么好处?
That sort of attitude really gets her goat.
那种态度真的使她非常恼火。
Your last word has really put his monkey up.
你最后一句话实在使他大为生气
His rude behavior really gets me back up.
他粗鲁的行为真令我生气。
Don't let his comments get under your skin.
你不要为他的评论而心里不高兴。
Such kind of unfair treatment really makes my blood boil.
如此不公正的待遇真的让我火冒三丈。

离线jenny

只看该作者 46楼 发表于: 2017-09-19
Meg: Hey, Todd. Did you have any pets when you were a kid?
梅格:嘿,托德。你小时候养过宠物吗?
Todd: I did. I had many pets actually. I had a dog, of course, and I had some cats. But actually, I grew up on a farm. Yeah. So we raised lots of animals, and on the farm, I always felt like the animals were my pets. So it was pretty cool.
托德:养过。我养过很多宠物。我养过一只狗,还养过几只猫。其实我是在农场长大的。所以我们在农场养了很多动物,我一直认为那些动物都是我的宠物。非常酷。
Meg: Wow. That sounds really exciting for a kid.
梅格:哇哦。对孩子来说,那真是令人兴奋的生活。
Todd: Oh, it was great. It was the best.
托德:哦,非常棒。那是最棒的生活。
Meg: What kind of animals were on your farm?
梅格:你们的农场都有什么动物?
Todd: We had almost every, you know, farm animal possible. For example, we had pigs. We raised a lot of pigs. And pigs actually are really good pets. They're very fun. Pigs are very friendly animals and they're not really dangerous, so... Also pigs like people. So sometimes when we were little, we would ride on the pigs' backs but if our grandpa saw us riding on the pigs, he would yell at us. We always got in trouble.
托德:我们尽可能养了所有可以养的动物。比如,我们养了猪。我们养了很多猪。猪其实是非常不错的宠物。它们很有趣。猪是很友好的动物,它们并不危险。而且猪喜欢人类。我们小的时候会骑在猪背上,不过如果我爷爷看见我们骑猪,他会对我们大吼。我们经常惹麻烦。
Meg: Uh-oh.
梅格:啊哦。
Todd: Yeah.
托德:对。
Meg: Also, aren't pigs dirty?
梅格:猪不会很脏吗?
Todd: They are dirty. So when you would go in the pig pen, you would get very, very dirty. But, you know, when you are small, when you are young, you don't care. It's just fun.
托德:很脏。你要是去猪圈里,会把自己弄得非常脏。不过你知道,小时候我们并不介意。那是种乐趣。
Meg: What about other animals like chickens?
梅格:农场还有其他动物吗?有鸡吗?
Todd: We did have chickens and lots of chickens. And the chickens maybe were the least friendly animals. So chickens don't like people.
托德:我们是养了很多鸡。鸡可能是最不友善的动物了。鸡不喜欢人类。
Meg: Really?
梅格:真的吗?
Todd: And the chickens – you have to go get the eggs. So working with chickens was not easy, and I never liked the chickens that much. Plus, the chickens you eat more often, so it's a little different.
托德:你要去鸡窝里拿鸡蛋。这个工作可并不轻松,我一直就不太喜欢鸡。另外,人们经常吃鸡肉,所以有些不一样。
Meg: Right, yeah.
梅格:对。
Todd: Yeah.
托德:嗯。
Meg: Yeah. I don't think I've ever seen a chicken in person.
梅格:好。我想我从来没有亲眼看到过鸡。
Todd: Really?
托德:是吗?
Meg: No.
梅格:对。
Todd: Oh wow. You must be a city girl.
托德:哇哦。你一定是个城市女孩。
Meg: I am. Although, when I was young, I always wanted to have a horse. Did your farm have horses?
梅格:我是。不过我年轻的时候一直想养匹马。你们农场有养马吗?
Todd: We had one horse for a while, and then we had a pony. So yeah, we had one horse and we had one pony. The pony was great because when I was little, we could ride the pony but the pony was actually really mean. So the pony would bite you if you were not careful. And if you try to ride the pony, sometimes the pony would get angry, very angry. But it's okay. You know, when you're small on a farm, it's normal.
托德:我们养了一匹马,一段时间之后我们又有了一只矮马。所以我们有一匹马和一匹矮马。那匹矮马非常不错,因为当时我很小,我们只能骑那匹矮马。不过它非常不友善。如果我们不小心的话,就会被它咬。如果你想试图去骑矮马,它会变得非常生气。不过那还好。因为,如果你在农场上很小,那是正常的。
Meg: Oh, that pony sounds scary. Were there any other animals that you had that were more friendly?
梅格:哦,听起来那匹矮马很可怕。你们还有其他友好一些的动物吗?
Todd: Yeah. Actually, the best pet you can have is a goat.
托德:有。实际上,最好的宠物是山羊。
Meg: Really? A goat?
梅格:真的吗?山羊?
Todd: Yeah. Goats are fantastic. Goats love people. They really, really love people, and they're very social. And goats follow people. So when you are little on the farm and when you walk around, the goats become your friends. So when I was little, I would walk and I had friendly goats that would follow me everywhere. And they were great, and they're very curious. They like to see what you're doing. Yeah. And they like to be petted. So, you know, like how you pet a dog, you pet a cat; goats also like for you to pet them. They're very, very social. And it's interesting because goats and sheep are kind of similar but really, they're very different. So goats are very social. Goats are very friendly and sheep are very shy. And sheep don't like people at all. So sheep stay away from people and goats always get close to people.
托德:对。山羊非常好。山羊喜欢人类。它们非常喜欢人类,而且它们喜欢社交。山羊会跟着人。小时候,如果在农场上四处走,那山羊就会成为你的朋友。所以我小时候在农场四处转的时候,会有友好的山羊跟着我去各个地方。它们真的很好,而且它们很好奇。它们想看看你在做什么。山羊喜欢被抚摸。就像爱抚狗狗和猫咪那样,山羊也想你爱抚它们。它们喜欢社交。这很有意思,因为山羊和绵羊很像,但是它们完全不同。山羊喜欢社交,它们非常友好,而绵羊则很害羞。所以绵羊完全不喜欢人类。它们会远离人类,而山羊则会靠近人类。
Meg: Hmm, sounds like a goat is a good pet to have.
梅格:嗯,听起来山羊是不错的宠物。
Todd: Goats are the best. They are so friendly. And goats are cool because goats talk to you. So they like to make a sound. You know, like, "Baa-a!" They "baa-a" or whatever, they make a sound. And when you walk around as a young boy or young girl, the goats are great. They follow you and you feel like the goat is talking to you, which is cool.
托德:山羊是最好的宠物。它们非常友好。而且山羊很酷,因为它们会和你说话。它们喜欢发出声音。你知道,就是“咩”!无论是什么,它们会发出声音。对小男孩或小女孩来说,四处走动的时候,有山羊的陪伴非常好。它们会一直跟着你,而且你感觉山羊在和你说话,这非常酷。
Meg: That sounds really fun. Now I wish I had some goats.
梅格:听起来太有意思了。现在我希望我能养山羊。
Todd: Yeah. Oh, you got to. The only other animal we had – we also had cows.
托德:对。你应该养。我们农场上还有一种动物——奶牛。
Meg: Oh.
梅格:哦。
Todd: And cows are cool. Some cows are friendly. Most cows are shy. But cows, you know, they always come to you because they think they will get food. But if they see you have no food, then cows stay away. So cows like sheep are a little afraid of people, but pigs and goats love people and they're very social.
托德:奶牛非常酷。有些奶牛很友善。大多数奶牛都很害羞。不过奶牛经常会靠近你,因为它们认为你会给它们食物。如果它们看到你没有食物,那它们就会走开。所以,奶牛和绵羊一样,有些怕人类,不过猪和山羊喜欢人类,它们喜欢社交。
Meg: Oh, it sounds really cool, growing up on a farm.
梅格:哦,听起来在农场长大是件非常酷的事情。
Todd: It was. It was. I was lucky.
托德:没错,的确是。我非常幸运。
离线jenny

只看该作者 47楼 发表于: 2017-09-20
网络聊天用语
1.How are you doing?(你好吗?)
2.I'm doing great.(我过得很好。)
3. What's up?(出什么事了/你在忙些什么/怎么了?)
4. Nothing special.(没什么特别的。)
5. Hi. Long time no see.(嗨,好久不见了。)
6. So far so good.(到目前为止,一切都好。)
7. Things couldn't be better.(一切顺利。)
8. How about yourself?(你自己呢?)
9. Today is a great day.(今天是个好日子。)
10. Are you making progress?(有进展吗?)
11. May I have your name, please?(请问尊姓大名?)
12. I've heard so much about you.(久仰大名。)
13. I hope you're enjoying your staying here.(希望你在这里过得愉快。)
14. Let's get together again.(改天再聚聚。)
15. That's a great idea!(好主意!)
16. Please say hello to your mother for me.(请代我向你母亲问好。)
17. I'm glad to have met you.(很高兴遇到你。)
18. Don't forget us.(别忘了我们。)
19. Keep in touch.(保持联系。)
20. I had a wonderful time here.(我在这里度过了难忘的时光。)
21. Have a nice weekend.(周末愉快。)
22. Same to you.(彼此彼此。)
23. Nice talking to you.(很高兴与你聊天。)
24. Take care of yourself.(自己当心/照顾好你自己。)
25. Thank you for everything.(谢谢你的多方关照/你为我所做的一切。)
26. Thank you all for coming.(谢谢光临。)
27. I appreciate your help.(我感谢你的帮助。)
28. You're always welcome.(别客气/不用谢)
29. Forget it.(算了吧)
30. It was my pleasure.(不用谢。)
31. I made a mistake.(我弄错了。)
32. I'm terribly sorry.(实在抱歉。)
33. I must apologize!(我必须道歉!)
34. I feel terrible.(我感觉糟透了。)
离线jenny

只看该作者 48楼 发表于: 2017-09-21
What do you do?(你做什么工作?)
How do you like your new job?(你觉得你的新工作怎样?)
I like it a lot.(我很喜欢。)
I like reading and listening to music.(我喜欢阅读和欣赏音乐。)
What's wrong?(怎么回事?)
What happened?(发生什么事了?)
I hope nothing is wrong.(我希望一切顺利。)
I know how you feel.(我知道你的感受。)
Sorry to hear that.(听到这个消息我很难受。)
Come on, you can do that.(来吧,你能做到的。)
Use your head.(动动脑筋。)
You did a great job.(你赶得很好。)
离线jenny

只看该作者 49楼 发表于: 2017-09-21
That's very nice of you.(你真好。)
I'm very proud of you.(我为你感到自豪。)
I like your style.(我喜欢你的风格。)
I love you guys.(我爱你们。)
How do I look?(我看起来怎么样?)
You look great!(你看上去棒极了!)
That's fantastic!(那真是棒极了!)
That's really something.(那真是了不起!)
It's a pleasure working with you.(与您合作很愉快。)
Congratulations on you success.(祝贺你的成功。)
. I'd like to propose a toast.(我提议干杯!)
Are you married or single?(你结婚了吗?)
I've been dying to see you.(我非常想见到你。)
I'm crazy about you.(我为你疯狂/痴迷/神魂颠倒。)
I love you with all my heart.(我全心全意爱你!)
You're everything to me.(你是我的一切!)
You're in love!(你恋爱了!)
. I'm tired of working all day.(整日工作使我厌烦。)
You work too much.(你做得太多了。)
Money will come and go.(钱乃身外之物。)
Are you crazy?(你疯了吗?)
Have you got it?(明白了吗?)
. I've got it.(我懂了。
I can't afford that.(我承担/买不起。)
. I did it, I'm so happy now.(我做到了,现在我很满意。)
. I don't care.(不关我的事/我不管。)
I don't think so.(我不这么想/我看不会/不行/不用。)
I guess so.(我想是吧。)
I have no other choice.(我别无选择。)
I will do my best!(我会尽力的!)
I mean it.(我是认真的。)
. I'm so scared.(我怕极了。)
It's hard to say.(难说。)
It's a long story.(说来话长/一言难尽。)
It's a small world.(世界真小。)
It's against the law!(那是违法的!)
It's a good opportunity!(好机会!)
. It's dangerous!(危险!)
May I help you?(我能帮忙吗?)
No doubt about it.(毫无疑问。)
That's bullshit!(废话!)
Think it over.(仔细考虑一下。)
Time will tell.(时间会证明的。)
What a surprise!(太令人惊讶了!)
Whatever you say!(随便你!)
You are the boss!(听你的!你说了算!)
You have my word!(我保证!)
Tough job, tough day, tough world. Life is not always sweet. That's life!
(艰苦的工作,艰难的日子,不幸的世界。生活并不总是甜蜜的。这就是生活!)
. I need some sleep。(我需要睡眠。)
Take it easy.(别紧张。)
Just relax.(放松一下。)
Zip your fly!(闭嘴!)




快速回复
限100 字节
批量上传需要先选择文件,再选择上传
 
上一个 下一个